will.i.am Reveals Fergie Is Officially No Longer In the Black Eyed Peas - Pop Overdose

Pop Overdose > Pop Culture > Celebrity Gossip > will.i.am Reveals Fergie Is Officially No Longer In the Black Eyed Peas
Login to PopOverdose
User Tag List

Lucky

3 Weeks Ago #1
Default will.i.am Reveals Fergie Is Officially No Longer In the Black Eyed Peas

Fergie is officially out of the Black Eyed Peas.

With good news comes bad news. While the return of Fergie's solo career is upon us, rumors have been swirling around the Internet the past week that the frontwoman has left the Black Eyed Peas. will.i.am, the leader of the band, confirmed those rumors to Ahlan!

Ahlan! caught up with will.i.am and the other Peas before their upcoming performance in Cardiff for the 2017 UEFA Champions League Final. Here's what Will had to say about Fergie leaving the band:

Quote:
"Since the beginning of Black Eyed Peas, we’ve always had amazing vocalists that appeared on the mic with us. People like Macy Gray, Esthero, Debi Nova, Fergie. On Elephunk, there were several females that appeared on that album. Obviously Fergie was the featured female, but on songs like Lets Get it Started, it’s Noelle (Scaggs), and then Fergie, songs like Latin Girls, it’s Debi Nova, and Request Line, it’s Macy Gray. We’ll always work with good females."
We can't help but to detect a little bit of shade from the BEP frontman. Fergie has been featured on most of the Black Eyed Peas' biggest hits, ranging from "Shut Up" and "Don't Phunk With My Heart" to "Boom Boom Pow" and "The time (Dirty Bit)." She came into the group when the Black Eyed Peas had a major sound and image overhaul as they stepped into mainstream success, which could partly be credited to Fergie. The general public does not know who Noelle or Debi Nova is, not to mention they don't know they were the singers on those songs from Elephunk. Throwing the Dutchess into the same category as a "featured female" is just downright wrong.

[You must be registered to view links]

However, nobody is replacing Fergie in the group, even though they have been working with other "featured females," like Nicole Scherzinger, who was rumored to be replacing Fergie in the group for months now.

Quote:
"As for replacing, what people know The Black Eyed Peas to be, nobody is replacing Fergie,” he told us. “She’s working on her solo project at the moment, we’re on this brand-new experience, celebrating 20 years of Black Eyed Peas putting out music. We worked on a bunch of songs on her solo record, we’re proud that she has her label, but Black Eyed Peas are pushing it forward in terms of content, technology and experiences on our new project, Masters of the Sun." ... “Nicole is on the new BEP project as well. I don’t want to go into details how she’s involved yet."
will.i.am created some of Fergie's biggest hits from her debut studio album the Dutchess, with songs like "Fergalicious" and "Big Girls Don't Cry." Fergie's last work with the Black Eyed Peas was in 2016 with their charity single #WHEREISTHELOVE?, a re-make of their 2003 hit "Where is the Love?"

Could Fergie leaving Interscope records under will.i.am's label be a cause of her departure? Last year, Fergie was set to release her second studio album Double Dutchess, but due to record label issues (which also might be directly affiliated with will.i.am himself), her album had been delayed, until she signed a new deal with BMG and created her own label, simply called Dutchess Music. Her album is now expected to be released near the end of this summer.

No matter what the Black Eyed Peas come out with next, it will most definitely not be the same without Fergie in the group. After all, who else could make a song like "My Humps" so timeless?

Jessie Jean
Grammy Nominee

17,886 Posts
3 Weeks Ago #2
Ew why. Fergie better hurry the **** up and release her album already

$leazy
Pi Young

22,116 Posts
3 Weeks Ago #3
They're over lol no one listens to BEP for william and friends