Scheduled downtime of the Likes/Dislike System - Pop Overdose

Pop Overdose > Pop Overdose > Announcements > Scheduled downtime of the Likes/Dislike System
Login to PopOverdose
User Tag List

greig

635 Posts
26-04-16 #1
Medicine Scheduled downtime of the Likes/Dislike System
As of Saturday, the likes system will be removed entirely from the forum. All things related to the current system will be removed. This is due to numerous reasons:
  • As PopOverdose has been growing over five years, there has been numerous staff changes and developers which have made development changes to the forums. Because of this, many things will execute differently and furthermore will corrupt other applications which causes visible errors
  • The current likes system is out-of-date inline with the current operating Level of vBulletin we use
  • The system is not inline with the database and at times can cause extreme server load as well as inconsistent feedback (e.g. seeing 2 notifications for the same 'Like')

Because of this, we are having to remove the Likes system entirely to reinstall and start a fresh. But unfortunately as a result old posts (once the system is removed) will not show Likes/Dislikes. But look on the bright side you will no longer see errors with editing posts, we can keep track of 'most liked' 'most disliked' posts, no double notifications and will be slightly modernised to keep with the times.

This process may take 2-3 days, or up to a week. I will be spending all my time to getting it back on track and resolved. As i'm not a javascript/php developer, I will need to use CSS/HTML to develop a new likes system which may not be identical to the previous system but will be closely similar or (hopefully) identical to the current features.

We hope u can all understand <3 again, downtime for this will be this Saturday.

thanks for ur co-operation during this hard time xxxxx

popod x x x