Entertainment Weekly's Top 30 in music - Page 3 - Pop Overdose
Welcome to #POd, your number one website for pop music, culture and downloads. With an enthusiastic community we introduce you to somewhere like no other. So drop your bags and make new friends by simply Checking In.
Welcome to PopOverdose.

Stacey.
you're a hater

6,827 Posts
04-06-2012 #21
Good list, especially #2

Filthy Pop

04-06-2012 #22
I don't understand how people expect Britney to pop up on lists like this.

When Glamour interviewed Rihanna last year she said there was a pack: her, Gaga, Beyonce, Katy Perry, and Ke$ha. She didn't even mention Britney even though they had collaborated months prior. Britney just doesn't have the same pull anymore and she doesn't come off the tops of people's heads anymore because you NEVER HEAR FROM BRITNEY aside from her rehearsed interviews and the radio.

This is coming from someone who has praised Britney since BOMT came out.

ree

04-06-2012 #23
was gonna post 'so proud of my boys' and bold mumford&sons then i realised how irrelevent this list is theyre all in the completely wrong order some shouldnt even be on there
gaga and bey that low lol please i dont even like gaga but even i know she should be higher than most of those

Reece
godney

4,439 Posts
04-06-2012 #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy_pop View Post
I don't understand how people expect Britney to pop up on lists like this.

When Glamour interviewed Rihanna last year she said there was a pack: her, Gaga, Beyonce, Katy Perry, and Ke$ha. She didn't even mention Britney even though they had collaborated months prior. Britney just doesn't have the same pull anymore and she doesn't come off the tops of people's heads anymore because you NEVER HEAR FROM BRITNEY aside from her rehearsed interviews and the radio.

This is coming from someone who has praised Britney since BOMT came out.
Rihanna doesn't call the shots in the music industry honey.

Britney Spears circa 1999 would slap you so hard right now.

YSL
ARTPOP

04-06-2012 #25
I like how they put Gaga so low on the list, yet on the front cover, she's listed first because they know she brings in readers, lovers and haters.

jose

37,160 Posts
04-06-2012 #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by YSL View Post
I like how they put Gaga so low on the list, yet on the front cover, she's listed first because they know she brings in readers, lovers and haters.
spill it

Utopia
Banned

5,236 Posts
04-06-2012 #27
flop list tbh

Filthy Pop

04-06-2012 #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Rihanna doesn't call the shots in the music industry honey.

Britney Spears circa 1999 would slap you so hard right now.
I never said she does. But it says a lot when one of the most successful artists in the industry doesn't mention you as a staple artist when she's your colleague, ESPECIALLY after collaborating with her. We just don't hear from Britney. Her promotion is so minimal and her eras are so short-lived.

You even said it yourself. Circa 1999. It's 2012, and in this year right now Britney Spears doesn't have the pull she had at the turn of the millennium. It's obvious since her hit singles aren't translating into album sales anymore.

steve
x//x

3,481 Posts
04-06-2012 #29
Carrie Underwood #4? this list is bogus...

commander

04-07-2012 #30
LOL some of y'all are SO delusional. this is a list of the current "best" artists of RIGHT NOW. all that means is the most relevant artists of the current time. the FF era is basically over, so britney isn't really relevant right now. besides the voice and MLJ (which is dying down), christina isn't relevant right now either. gaga is also low on the list because after MTN disappointingly flopped, she's been laying low. nowhere did EW claim this was a list of the best artists ever. in the article they even put a disclaimer that says this is in NO WAY list of best currently living artists.