Gaga and Madonna related? - Pop Overdose
Pop Overdose > The Addicts Ward > Celebrity Gossip > Gaga and Madonna related?
Login to PopOverdose
Welcome to PopOverdose, you're number one website for pop music, culture and downloads. Why not register today and get exclusive access to all our wonderful features we have on offer. With over 37,000 members, there's plenty place for discussion. So join today.

Nojo
twinkle twinkle

9,514 Posts
05-14-2011 #1
Default Gaga and Madonna related?
Quote:
It's no wonder Lady Gaga's music sometimes sounds suspiciously similar to Madonna's greatest hits.

The singers are related, according to celebrity genealogist Chris Child.

"They are ninth cousins once removed," he told the Boston Globe.

Child, who works for the New England Historic Genealogical Society, reportedly provided proof, showing how he found their common ancestors: a farming couple who moved from France to Quebec in the 1600s.

"When I saw that Lady Gaga had French Canadian ancestry," he explained, "I thought there might be something there."

Child said he can trace French Canadian families "back 200 years within minutes" because priests in Quebec handily indexed all marriages between the 1600s and the 1900s.

Another recent discovery: Prince William and Kate Middleton were related before they walked down the aisle last month.

The pair is connected distantly through the late Princess Diana's ancestry, Child said.

Madonna has her own connection to the royal family, too. Or at least she used to.

The music icon's ex-husband, Guy Ritchie, is Middleton's fourth cousin.

Reps for Madonna and Lady Gaga have not yet responded for comment.

Read more: [You must be registered to view links]
[You must be registered to view links]

idk if it's true :eek:

Lindsay Lohan
Elite Member

5,240 Posts
05-14-2011 #2

um

reverb
Moderation Manager

05-14-2011 #3
o-o

maisie
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

1,491 Posts
05-14-2011 #4
ninth cousins LOL but oooooooo

Reece
godney

4,476 Posts
05-14-2011 #5

Ross
call my name

1,991 Posts
05-14-2011 #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
they do look so similar in this!!!
strange if this is actually true.

Dale

05-14-2011 #7
that may explain gaga's success.

Triz
King.

1,269 Posts
05-14-2011 #8

maisie
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

1,491 Posts
05-14-2011 #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
that may explain gaga's success.
i dont really think being related to someone could make you more successful unless like your willow smith and your dads will smith, but like for gaga, she worked really hard to be where she is now, and it's not like she's famous because madonna is.

Dale

05-14-2011 #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisie View Post
i dont really think being related to someone could make you more successful unless like your willow smith and your dads will smith, but like for gaga, she worked really hard to be where she is now, and it's not like she's famous because madonna is.
it was a joke, please simmer down